Willkommen auf dem neuen Alumniportal der DSJ
bitte klicken sie hier
Dear Alumni, Altschüler, Ehemalige,
Budget time and 2011 is nearly upon us. It is time to reflect what we have achieved this year and to plan forward. Our “Abiturienten” and Matriculates soon start their examinations and we are positive that we will reach the 100% pass rate again. Thanks to the financial support of the German Government we could keep up the high standard of education, not only for the DSJ itself but also for a number of learners from our partner schools in Soweto. Sadly, the financial support from Germany is declining, in line with the increasing overall debt of the German state.
So far we could still keep up our high education standard and exposure to German teaching standards, German culture and language which we offer to our multifaceted school community. But our teaching aids are getting on in age and we need to renovate and upgrade beyond the normal maintenance effort:
- Our Computer rooms, which learners have to use for research and homework, require newer PC’s. More than 40% of our learners rely on the school’s equipment as they don’t have the facility at home. Most of the computers are beyond 6 years of age and break down repeatedly.
- The Kindergarten, Pre-School and Aftercare need replacement and upgrade of teaching aids and other equipment - an anticipated cost of R80.000.
- The DSJ Solar Car project is an important project for the young generation. We are very proud to participate in the 2nd SA Solar Car Challenge this year with our own, self build “Sonnenbrand/Sun Burn” solar car. The budgeted cost to improve the solar car over the next three years: R700.000.
- We cut cost on our infrastructure, with a detrimental effect on the upkeep of buildings. The school building is now 42 years old and so is the DSJ’s water pipe system which now needs a 100% overhaul. The expected cost: R800.000.
- The electrical system has aged well, but the multitude of power cuts requires alternative solutions and a proper back up system. A larger generator is needed in order to avoid damages in the kitchen (deep freezer, fridges etc.) and to electronic and lighting systems in the auditorium. Anticipated cost: R200.000.
- The 15 year old tractor needs replacement, a second hand tractor costs approx. R60.000.
- The sound and lighting equipment of our auditorium / stage should be upgraded to support the many functions and plays held at the school. Anticipated cost: R 180.000.
- The tennis courts are in a bad state and we are looking at about R100.000 to repair them all.
And the list grows on a daily basis.
We have a multitude of fund-raising events in place and we are looking at an even wider spectrum of possibilities to raise funds for the school. But in all these fund-finding missions we need the help and support of the corporate world.
Financial support and help would be greatly appreciated. We would also be very grateful for second hand equipment. Does your company have any decent computers which have been written off? Can you supply plumbing and/or building material? Do you have any goods and gifts for the yearly DSJ Basar or Family Fun Day raffle? Do you have a second hand generator or tractor in sound working order? Can we sell you advertising space in the yearbook and/or the regular circulars? Would you be able to help us with outstanding school fees of families stricken by the economic decline?
Please be assured that we don’t want to become a burden or harassment. At the same time, we would like to create an awareness of the out-of-the-ordinary needs of the DSJ. We want to keep up the present excellent standard of education for all our learners and hope that you can be part of our effort to help them into a bright and promising future.
What can we give back to you? There are a few sponsorship benefits which we can offer as a small token of our large appreciation for your support. Please see below.
Should you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned on 011 482-7455, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much for your support and commitment.
Jobst C. Schulte-Brader
Sponsored Amount Categories
|(money or in kind)||R 100.000+||
Benefits (over a period of 12 months)
|Yearbook Advert||1 full page||1/2 page||1/4 page|
|Logo & Link on Website||yes||yes|
|Logo on Website||yes||yes|
|Feature on home page||yes|
|Feature in DSJ Newsletter||3x||2x||1x||1x|
Placement of Name/Logo in school
S18A certificate for tax purposes
(for amounts/values above R5.000)